Hay Maker 18-3-4 is a foliar fertilizer that increases hay & forage production. It can be tank-mixed with your herbicide and applied simultaneously. With its slow release liquid nitrogen, it is effective in increasing protein content.
If you have any further questions about this or any of our other products, please be sure to drop us a note in our “Contact Us” area. We’re happy to reply…you’re the reason we’re here!
What is Hay Maker?
- It’s a foliar fertilizer containing slow release nitrogen formulated to increase forage production of pastures and increase hay yield and protein content.
How does it work?
- It slowly penetrates the leaf and provides a sustained foliar feeding lasting up to 2 weeks. The sustained release of nutrients along with the amino acids increases the photosynthetically activity in the leaf increasing chlorophyll resulting in a quick grow back and increment protein levels in plant tissue.
Can I use Hay Maker on other plants?
- Yes, you can use it on Alfalfa, Brome, Crimson Clover, Orchard grass, Timothy grass and Pasture. Hay Maker will aid to put nutrients back between cuttings. It’s important to check soil fertility levels, in order to compensate the amount of nutrients needed and decide how many sprays of Hay Maker should be needed.
Can I use Hay Maker on my lawn?
- Yes, apply 6oz per gallon of water for every 1,000 sq. ft. 1-2 times per month as needed.
Can I apply with a broadleaf herbicide?
- Yes, you can combine both products and apply at the same time saving costs of having to make a separate application. The combination will cause the broadleaf weeds to die faster, since the nutrients uptake will lead to also more herbicide uptake, resulting in better weed control.
Why is Hay Maker better than a granular product?
- The Nitrogen being applied calculates to 1.87 lbs per acre, but the maximum benefits are achieved due to our high performance ingredients. With 60% slow release urea triazone (better than other forms of urea as it allows for a steady feed) and all higher performing ingredients, its value alone has been proven to maximize your profits. Won’t run off your plants or property as long as it has time to dry before heavy rains.
Can I apply Hay Maker before the first cutting?
- You can but it doesn’t have enough benefits to justify the application. It would be more cost efficient to wait until after the cut, when the leaf needs the nutrients the most.
How soon after application is it okay to bale my hay?
- Hay Maker should be applied at least 14 days prior to baling for maximum effect.
Can I use Hay Maker as a soil application?
- Hay Maker is not designed for soil application. To satisfy your soil nitrogen you should use a farm grade granular fertilizer and use Hay Maker as a supplement to speed your grow back and increase your protein content.
How long should I wait prior to allowing animals to graze or before watering?
- Wait 24 hours, this will allow the product to be absorbed by the leaf.
How Much NPK am I obtaining per acre with the dilution rate listed in your label?
- You will obtain 4.41 lbs. of N, 0.74 lbs. of P and .398 lbs. of K per acre.
Hay Maker Actives:
- Triazone Urea. This is a liquid slow release source of nitrogen.
- 1. It is in a resinous form that sticks and slowly penetrates into the leaf when used as a foliar spray.
- a. It is resistant to wash off from the weather.
- b. The microbes on the leaf slowly break it down into a form the leaf can absorb.
- c. In essence, a sustained foliar feeding for up to 2 weeks is obtained.
- i. New growth quickly occurs from a sustained foliar feeding
- d. The nitrogen goes directly into the leaf to create protein.
- i. Protein makes the hay more valuable
- 2. Nearly 100% of nitrogen in Hay Maker is used by the plant. Far more efficient than soil applied nitrogen that needs to be taken up by the root.
- Potassium acetate. This form of potassium is by far the most efficient form of potassium for foliar application.
- 1. In a University trial, up to 84% more potassium was absorbed by the plant than any other source of potassium.
- 2. Potassium acetate is one of the safest of all sources of potassium, resulting in less chance of leaf burn and less stress on the plant.
Where can I purchase Hay Maker?
- Hay Maker is available at Blain Supply, GroSouth, Mills Farm & Fleet, Theisen Supply, Tractor Supply, and through our Distributors. Farmers are able to purchase direct with a minimum pallet purchase. Contact us at NutraSorbdirect@organiclabs.com for more information.
How is Hay Maker available?
- In 2½ Gallon containers, 30 & 55 Gallon drums and 250 Gallon totes.