HerbeX™ Surfactant can be tank mixed with your herbicide when the label calls for an oil-based spray mixture.
If you have any further questions about this or any of our other products, please be sure to drop us a note in our “Contact Us” area. We’re happy to reply…you’re the reason we’re here!
What is Herbex?
- Herbex surfactant is to be used with an herbicide that calls for an oil based spray mixture. Herbex increases the value of your herbicide by spreading and sticking it to target weeds & brush.
Is Herbex nonionic?
- Herbex is a crop oil concentrate surfactant that contains sulfonated fish oil and is considered a nonionic surfactant.
- Herbex increases herbicide penetration and reduces surface tension.
Is Herbex a fungicide activator (any adjuvant that increases the mobility, penetration or adherence of a fungicide)?
- Herbex can be considered a fungicide activator when properly mix with fungicides that do NOT contain sulfur.
I have used Herbex surfactant with triclopyr for foliar spray applications. Can you tell me if this product could be used as a bark penetrate when doing dormant stem basal spray applications with triclopyr? I am currently using methylated seed oil for that purpose.
- Yes, Herbex can be used as a bark penetrate when doing dormant stem basal spray applications with triclopyr. It will work as well as a foliar application, but rate should be increased to 6 ounces per gallon of water to leave a thin sticky film. The tank mix should be spray using low volume and low pressure to wet the lower 15-18 inches of stem, including root collar area. Do not spray when snow or water prevent spraying to ground line.
How is it available?
- Quart and 2½ Gallon concentrate containers