Tomato Maker® is one of our most popular products. A large reason for that trend is that we believe it’s the best tomato fertilizer in the world. We try to remain humble! The other reason is that people just love tomatoes. In fact, the University of Arizona did a study and reported that “The tomato is the world’s most popular fruit. And yes, just like the pepper and the pumpkin, botanically speaking it is a fruit, not a vegetable.”
They also noted that “more than 60 million tons of tomatoes are produced per year, 16 million more than the second most popular fruit, the banana. Apples are third most popular (36 million tons), then oranges (34 million tons) and watermelons (22 million tons). Coincidentally, Tomato Maker® works very well on all of those other fruits and more, as well as most vegetables.
So now you know more about tomatoes than you knew before visiting our site. If you’re wanting to know more about Tomato Maker®, here are some of our most frequently asked questions:
What is TOMATO MAKER?
- A 4-2-6 plant food fortified with Calcium and Magnesium
- Tomato Maker is a very good general purpose plant nutrition item, but is intended to provide all the nutrients necessary for robust, tasty tomatoes.
What makes TOMATO MAKER SO UNIQUE?
- Tomato Maker contains a supplement of immediately available and slowly soluble calcium. This helps to prevent the common problem of “Blossom End Rot” in tomatoes.
- Tomato Maker is a unique blend of natural ingredients and earth-friendly synthetics designed to provide complete nutrition and protection from stress.
- Tomato Maker contains potassium silicate: this ingredient deposits silica in the cell walls of the plant, toughening the plant against disease & insect attack, drought, and other environmental stresses.
How is it applied?
- Tomato Maker is a granular product that is sprinkled at the base of the tomato plant and then watered in.
- Each 3 lb bag will treat approximately 30 tomato plants
- There are directions on the label for each stage of tomato plant, from seed to mature plant.
What is blossom end rot?
- Blossom end rot is a common problem in tomatoes. The end of the fruit turns brown, then dry and leathery. This leads to severely degraded fruit quality. It is most severe in times of heat stress and especially after heavy rains or excessive watering.
What are the uses for Tomato Maker?
- Although specifically designed for Tomatoes, it can be used on virtually any vegetable with good results. Tomato Maker should provide most, if not all, the fertilization needed for most home vegetable gardens.
Why is Tomato Maker not organic?
- Two of the ingredients in the Tomato Maker keep it from being certified organic. The CottonSeed Meal (no one will certify cottonseed as organic any more) and the Ammonium Sulfate. We felt it important to offer the best product possible for your crop and we’ve considered making a 100% organic formulation, but we’d be compromising its effectiveness.