Organocide® Plant Doctor® is an earth-friendly broad spectrum disease control and preventative for use on turf, fruit trees, vegetables, ornamentals and flowers. Prevents and cures a myriad of plant diseases, including those that cause downy mildew, root rot, leaf and stem blights, leaf spots and many others! A systemic product, it has a foliar or root application that will work its way throughout the entire plant to prevent disease and attack existing disease above and below ground. Once inside the plant, Plant Doctor® increases plant metabolism so plants grow faster, bloom more and have an increased yield while providing a nutritional boost of potassium and phosphorous, essential nutrients for plant growth.
If you have any further questions about this or any of our other products, please be sure to drop us a note in our “Contact Us” area. We’re happy to reply…you’re the reason we’re here!
Here are your FAQs:
How is a systemic fungicide different from other fungicides?
- A systemic fungicide can be sprayed directly on the foliage or applied to the root zone.
- After initial application, a systemic product will rapidly absorb and then work throughout the entire plant. Other fungicides are contact fungicides: the product must make direct contact with the disease area in order to effectively treat the disease.
What diseases will Plant Doctor control?
- PLANT DOCTOR is very broad-spectrum and controls most diseases like anthracnose, black spot, downy mildew, fire blight, stem blight, rust, phytophthora (root rot) and pythium.
What makes Plant Doctor so unique?
- Plant Doctor is both a preventative and curative.
- It will control pythium & phytophthora (root rot) as well as powdery mildew (foliar disease).
- After 14-21 days, it converts into nutritional potassium and phosphorus, that the plant consumes as nutrients and nothing is left in the ground.
- It is also a bio-stimulant; once inside the plant, it stimulates the plant’s metabolism resulting in more plant vigor, increase bloom and crop yield, and increasing stress resistance.
- The active ingredients have been used for years in commercial growing and agri-business markets with great success.
How does it work?
- By stimulating the metabolism and plant vigor to such a high degree the plant staves off and overcomes disease.
- Pathogens such as phytophora cannot process the active ingredient in Plant Doctor, though they will attempt to process it as a nutrient. This effect shuts down the pathogens’ cells, terminating the disease.
What about environmental impact?
- Plant Doctor is an EPA registered fungicide with minimal impact on the environment and low risk to user and non target organisms, it is beneficial and nutritional to plants.
- Re-entry time is as soon as spray has dried upon the leaves, however, if you are treating a fungus we recommend you allow the product to work thru the plant to ensure remedy.
Can Plant Doctor be used with other products?
- Fertilizers – You can add nutrients along with Plant Doctor in the following order.
- Fill your container half full of water and add the other nutrients – mix well.
- Add the Plant Doctor – mix well.
- Copper – Do NOT mix and when spraying before or after copper compounds an interval of 10 or more days between applications is recommended. Do not spray Plant Doctor if there are obvious copper residues present.
- Organocide Bee Safe products – Yes, it is safe to mix these together.
- Other – Do a compatibility test first.
Can Plant Doctor be tanked mixed?
- The product should NOT be tank mixed with most adjuvants, surfactants, stickers, or copper compounds. A compatibility test should first be conducted for fertilizers and other products before tank mixing.
How long does the product stay in the plant?
- The product will stay for as much as 7-10 days depending on the plant treated, time of application prior to rain (the product needs at least 2 hours to get into the plant).
How can I treat with Plant Doctor on Viburnum canker?
- Apply at a rate of 4 tsp per gallon and spray the entire plant trunk and root system. Water the plant once a week during the growing season. Plant Doctor will help dampen off the problem and should help the plant recover.
How much does Plant Doctor pt. cover?
- Covers up to 22,000 square feet at the 1/3 oz per gallon rate (standard)
How is it available?
- Quart concentrate & Pint concentrate.
Plant Doctor Application for Medical Marijuana:
Please note – we have not personally tested on medical marijuana, however, these are the recommendations we’ve received from growers, so you may follow application directions at your own risk.
Downy / Powdery Mildew:
Cure Mildew: 1-2 TBSP per gallon weekly for mildew until clear then prevention.
Prevention: ½ tsp per gallon weekly
Cure Mildew: 3 tsp per gallon weekly for 3 weeks or until mildew clears. Must be used separately in reservoir for 1 day (no other nutrients), because plant doctor will increase PPM and EC (electrical conductivity) of water. Drain reservoir and continue with normal feeding program.
Prevention: ½ tsp per gallon weekly
3½ tsp per gallon weekly for 3 weeks or until it clears then prevention ½ tsp per gallon weekly.
Must be used separately in reservoir for 1 day (no other nutrients), because plant doctor will increase PPM and EC (electrical conductivity) of water.
Drain reservoir and continue with normal feeding program.
Plant Doctor will not harm beneficial bacteria or mycorrhizae fungi.
It is formulated to target only pathogenic fungi.