Organocide® Plant Doctor® is an earth-friendly broad spectrum disease control and preventative for use on turf, fruit trees, vegetables, ornamentals and flowers. Prevents and cures a myriad of plant diseases, including those that cause downy mildew, root rot, leaf and stem blights, leaf spots and many others! A systemic product, it has a foliar or root application that will work its way throughout the entire plant to prevent disease and attack existing disease above and below ground. Once inside the plant, Plant Doctor® increases plant metabolism so plants grow faster, bloom more and have an increased yield while providing a nutritional boost of potassium and phosphorous, essential nutrients for plant growth.
If you have any further questions about this or any of our other products, please be sure to drop us a note in our “Contact Us” area. We’re happy to reply…you’re the reason we’re here!
Here are your FAQs:
How is a systemic fungicide different from other fungicides?
- A systemic fungicide can be sprayed directly on the foliage or applied to the root zone.
- After initial application, a systemic product will rapidly absorb and then work throughout the entire plant. Other fungicides are contact fungicides: the product must make direct contact with the disease area in order to effectively treat the disease.
What diseases will PLANT DOCTOR control?
- PLANT DOCTOR is very broad-spectrum and controls most diseases like anthracnose, black spot, stem blight, rust, downy mildew, phytophthora (root rot) and pythium.
Will PLANT DOCTOR prevent downy mildew on impatiens?
- Yes, Penn State University has concluded that Plant Doctor is effective to prevent downy mildew in impatiens. http://extension.psu.edu/cumberland/news/2013/a-new-challenge-for-growing-flowers-in-the-shade
What makes PLANT DOCTOR so unique?
- PLANT DOCTOR is both a preventative and curative.
- It will control pythium & phytophthora (root rot) as well as powdery mildew (foliar disease).
- After 14-21 days, it converts into nutritional potassium and phosphorus, that the plant consumes as nutrients and nothing is left in the ground.
- It is also a bio-stimulant; once inside the plant, it stimulates the plant’s metabolism resulting in more plant vigor, increase bloom and crop yield, and increasing stress resistance.
- The active ingredients have been used for years in commercial growing and agri-business markets with great success.
How does it work?
- By stimulating the metabolism and plant vigor to such a high degree the plant staves off and overcomes disease.
- Pathogens such as phytophora cannot process the active ingredient in Plant Doctor, though they will attempt to process it as a nutrient. This effect shuts down the pathogens’ cells, terminating the disease.
Can I use PLANT DOCTOR to soil drench my pear tree that has fire blight?
- Mix 3oz of Plant Doctor per 25 gal of water and apply to a 10 x 10 ft area around the root zone of the tree, followed by irrigation to move the Plant Doctor into the root zone.
What about environmental impact?
- PLANT DOCTOR is an EPA registered fungicide with minimal impact on the environment and low risk to user and non target organisms, it is beneficial and nutritional to plants.
- Re-entry time is as soon as spray has dried upon the leaves, however, if you are treating a fungus we recommend you allow the product to work thru the plant to ensure remedy.
Can Plant Doctor be used with fertilizers?
- You can add nutrients along with Plant Doctor in the following order.
- 1. Fill your container half full of water and add the other nutrients – mix well.
- 2. Add the Plant Doctor – mix well.
Can Plant Dr be tanked mixed?
- The product should not be tank mixed with most adjuvants, surfactants, stickers, or copper compounds. A compatibility test should first be conducted for fertilizers and other products before tank mixing.
Can Plant Dr be mixed with copper?
- Unfortunately Plant Dr and Copper compounds are not compatible. When spraying before or after copper compounds an interval of 10 or more days between applications is recommended. Do not spray Plant Dr. if there are obvious copper residues present.
- Plant Dr mixed with Pentra-Bark surfactant is the only approved combination for control of Sudden Oak Death.
How is it available?
- Quart concentrate & Pint concentrate.
Plant Doctor Application for Medical Marijuana:
- Cure Mildew: 1-2 TBSP per gallon weekly for mildew until clear then prevention.
- Prevention: 1/2 tsp per gallon weekly
- Cure Mildew: 3 tsp per gallon weekly for 3 weeks or until mildew clears. Must be used separately in reservoir for 1 day (no other nutrients), because plant doctor will increase PPM and EC (electrical conductivity) of water. Drain reservoir and continue with normal feeding program.
- Prevention: 1/2 tsp per gallon weekly
Plant Doctor will not harm beneficial bacteria or mycorrhizae fungi. It is formulated to target only pathogenic fungi.